The County are currently looking for a Masters Co-ordinator…applications close on 30th April.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- For each season confirm that there is a captain designated for each age group.
- At the appropriate time, formally enter the teams with Badminton England for both league and challenge competitions.
- Organise pre-season practice sessions and invite players to attend (delegate responsibility running them as required)
- Confirm the home venue, book courts and arrange the home and away fixtures with the other counties in our regional group.
- Identify potential players, eligible to play for Sussex, and arrange practices and trials before the season starts.
- Comply with the requirements issued by Badminton England.
- Attend the National Masters Coordinators meeting, held annually in Milton Keynes, usually in May. (It is an opportunity to contribute to decisions made about Masters matters)
- Arrange for a supply of shuttles, from county stock, for each age group captain for their home matches.
- Ensure that the appropriate match fees are collected by the team captain (finances are managed through the county accounts and county treasurer)
- Ensure that information about master’s matters is entered on the county web site.