You are here
Home >

Reporting a Welfare or Safeguarding Concern about a child 

Sussex Badminton takes the safeguarding and welfare of the children in our care extremely seriously. Our appointed County Welfare Officer is Julia Alkema. 

In the event that you wish to report a welfare or safeguarding concern or incident please us the use the Contact Us form (selecting Child Welfare).

Your concerns could be:

  • the behaviour of an adult within badminton towards a young person
  • the behaviour of another young person towards a young person
  • a young person distressed in any way
  • something reported to you either from within badminton or externally

If the incident relates to involves the County Welfare Officer then you can email 

Both routes will ensure your concern is dealt with confidentially and sensitively. If the child you are concerned about is at risk of immediate harm or is suffering you must refer to your local authority safeguarding team using the link below or contact the police :   (this link gives you relevant contact details for your local authority) It is not your responsibility to decide if a situation is poor practice, abuse or bullying but it is your responsibility to report your concerns to our County Welfare Officer